The following steps are suggested to resolve this error:
- Disconnect the USB cable connected to the console. Make sure that the cable is fully inserted into the USB connector on the console and on the USB storage device.
- If you are using a USB hub, disconnect the hub and connect the USB storage device directly to the PlayStation®5 console. Sometimes hubs can cause problems recognizing USB devices.
- Try using a different USB connector on the console. The current connector may not be functioning properly.
- Check to see if the other USB storage device is recognized. If other devices connect without problems, the USB drive may be the problem. Try connecting it to another device and make sure it works.
- If the error occurs when running a particular application, try uninstalling that application and reinstalling it. Sometimes, the problem may be related to a specific application and reinstalling it may help fix the error.
If none of these steps solve the problem, it is recommended tofor further assistance. They will be able to offer a more customized solution depending on your specific situation.
Be sure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions and recommendations to avoid any additional problems when using your PlayStation®5 and connected devices.